Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - This kit takes about 2-6 weeks for production. Please call or email for lead time. 626.963.4591 or email@example.com.
Built for worldwide operations to service and tow drilling units, and support production platforms Aziz
and her sister ship Arif
were commissioned in 1983 for Prince Offshore of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The main feature of their deck machinery is a double-drum waterfall type anchor handling/towing winch, 120 t. pull, diesel driven. Two 3.1 ton capacity tugger winches are fitted behind the superstructure one on each side of the cargo deck and a 6 t. electro-hydraulic deck crane is located on the boat deck for cargo handling.Kit Contents:
- A high-quality detailed fiberglass hull
- Running gear including propshafts, rudders, fixed Kort nozzles
- a bow-thruster tube (working bow-thruster not provided)
- Accurate CNC-milled and printed plastic styrene for decks, superstructure and wheelhouse; printed wood deck overlay
- Thermo-formed styrene dinghy, liferaft canisters and stern roller
- Metal kits for the large waterfall winch, the tugger winches, anchor windlass and deck crane
- Over 600 cast alloy fittings and etched brass components for the fine detail finish including brass handrail stanchions
- All necessary rubber tires, fendering, wire, rod, dowel, chain
- waterslide transfers for the vessel names Aziz and Arif, depth markings, liferaft canisters etc.
- Three main plans
- Excellent building instructions with numerous step-by-step assembly drawings of the highest standard
- Kit recommended for model makers with a little experience. The flag, paints and adhesives are not provided. Tools will be required to complete.
Length o/a: 1105 mm (43½")
Beam o/a: 248 mm (9¾")
Displacement: approx. 13.5 kg (30lbs)
Scale 1:50Aziz Photos: (click to enlarge)