Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - This kit takes about 2-6 weeks for production. Please call or email for lead time. 626.963.4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dutch Courage is a representation of Dutch Pride and Dutch Power, two of a series of tugs built in the Netherlands in 2003/04. Designed to operate in water depths not readily accessible by conventional tugs of deeper draft these vessels are suitable for a variety of applications including towing, pushing, supply and survey work. These tugs are fitted with a hydraulic telescoping deck crane and the rear deck space allows for the transportation of cargo, including containers. A feature of the vessels is the push-bow with heavy duty rubber fender. Crew complement: 6.Specifications:
Length o/a: 870 mm (34¼")
Beam: 285 mm (11½")
Displacement approx. 9 kg (19.8 lbs)
Twin screw (propellers not provided in kit)
With many step-by-step assembly drawings, instructions and main plans the model is recommended for the experienced modeler and tug enthusiast. It is not suitable for the beginner to modeling.
The complete kit contains all the required parts to build the model:
Dutch Courage Photos: (click to enlarge)
- A detailed glassfibre hull and lower superstructure
- The wheelhouse deck, wheelhouse and deflector are molded in styrene as are the life raft canisters and the stern roller
- Complete underwater gear, i.e. prop shafts, rudders and fixed Kort nozzles
- A bow thruster tube
- A set of fittings manufactured from a high grade cast alloy
- Two frets of etched brass components including window frames, wheelhouse interior details, stanchions, funnel logos, mast ladder/cage etc.
- Printed parts for the decks, wheelhouse interior and funnels
- A printed wood deck overlay
- A kit for the detailed deck crane. An anchor windlass and a tow winch, both in kit form
- Plastic strips for deck supports, wire for railings, push-bow fender, a set of tyres
- Self-adhesive vinyl lettering for model names (for 6 tugs of the series)
- Instructions, isometric drawings and plans.