Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - Model Slipway has officially stopped production on all of their kits. Hopefully another company will pick up their molds and start production again but for the foreseeable future these kits will not be available.
Built in 1978 by Cochrane of Selby, Yorkshireman and Irishman were the most powerful pair of purpose-built tugs to enter service in the UK when they joined the fleet of United Towing. The tugs were been involved in all types of towing work in the North Sea oil fields and around the world. However, their finest and most famous days were without a doubt during the Falklands War when they were taken into service with the Salvageman by the Royal Navy. Their best-known exploit was in the attempt to save the container ship Atlantic Conveyor after she had been hit by missiles from the Argentinean Air Force; unfortunately this rescue attempt was not successful.
This upgraded kit contains all the required parts to build the model:
- A one-piece fiberglass hull; prop-shafts, brass rudder assemblies,
Kort nozzles and a bow thruster tube
- Printed and CNC-cut styrene for ease of construction
- A set of cast metal fittings. Metal kits for the winches and cranes
- Etched brass for stanchions and other components
- Resin-cast dinghies; vacuum-formed liferaft canisters and radome
- A set of self-adhesive vinyl decals for Yorkshireman and Irishman.
- All the necessary wooden dowel for mast, wire, chain etc.
- Step-by-step isometric drawings and scale plans.
Prop Shaft: 4mm
Yorkshireman Photos: (click to enlarge)