Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - This kit takes about 2-6 weeks for production. Please call or email for lead time. 626.963.4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Built in 1976 these colorful tugs were in service in the Middle East and the United Kingdom. Al Khubar 1 was black, Al Khubar 2 red and Al Khubar 3 blue.
The large number of perspective assembly drawings and full-size plan make Al Khubar a fairly simple project for average modelling skills. With twin propellers and Kort nozzles the model is highly maneuverable and ideal for RC steering and tug towing competitions.Model specifications:
Length:785 mm (31")
Beam: 240mm (9.5")
Displacement approx: 22 lbs. (10 kilos)Kit Contents:
Al Khubar Photos: (click to enlarge):
- A detailed fiberglass hull
- running gear -propshafts, rudders and Kort Nozzles
- CNC-milled and printed plastic styrene for decks and superstructure to ensure accurate fit of parts
- a detailed wheelhouse interior
- a set of cast alloy fittings
- soft rubber tires and rubber fendering
- tube, wire, rod, model names etc
- Instructions with numerous step-by-step assembly drawings together with a main plan
- Paints and adhesives are not provided
- Tools and equipment will be required to complete
- Kit recommended for model makers with a little experience.