Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - Model Slipway has officially stopped production on all of their kits. Hopefully another company will pick up their molds and start production again but for the foreseeable future these kits will not be available.
Built in 1976 these colorful tugs were in service in the Middle East and the United Kingdom. Al Khubar 1 was black, Al Khubar 2 red and Al Khubar 3 blue.
The large number of perspective assembly drawings and full-size plan make Al Khubar a fairly simple project for average modelling skills. With twin propellers and Kort nozzles the model is highly maneuverable and ideal for RC steering and tug towing competitions.Model specifications:
Length:785 mm (31")
Beam: 240mm (9.5")
Displacement approx: 22 lbs. (10 kilos)Kit Contents:
Al Khubar Photos: (click to enlarge):
- A detailed fiberglass hull
- running gear -propshafts, rudders and Kort Nozzles
- CNC-milled and printed plastic styrene for decks and superstructure to ensure accurate fit of parts
- a detailed wheelhouse interior
- a set of cast alloy fittings
- soft rubber tires and rubber fendering
- tube, wire, rod, model names etc
- Instructions with numerous step-by-step assembly drawings together with a main plan
- Paints and adhesives are not provided
- Tools and equipment will be required to complete
- Kit recommended for model makers with a little experience.