Availability Alert - This kit takes about 2-6 weeks for production. Please call or email for lead time. 626.963.4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sentinel is designed to carry out a wide range of law enforcement duties, including anti-smuggling, search and rescue, covert surveillance, etc.
SENTINEL is a 34m Island Class cutter operated by the British Customs and Excise. Built by Vosper Thornycroft and launched in 1993 she has been designed to carry out a wide range of law enforcement duties. She is a modified version of an extremely successful Vosper Thornycroft design built under licence for the US Coastguard.
SENTINEL is powered by two Paxman Valenta V12 diesel engines, with a separately powered steerable water jet for slow speed propulsion. Top speed is in excess of 25 knots. The hull is fabricated from steel, using computer-controlled laser cutting and robot welding machines. The superstructure is made from aircraft-grade aluminium, explosively welded to the deck to prevent corrosion. Outwardly the most obvious feature of the vessel is the 6m Avon Searider rigid-inflatable boat (RIB) carried on an hydraulic davit on the aft deck. A crew of 12 officers drawn from HM Customs and Excise personnel operate the vessel.The Model Kit Includes:
- a detailed glassfibre hull with molded-in fendering and spray rail
- printed styrene for decks and superstructure
- etched brass for the fine details which include window frames
- metal fittings and running gear complete with propellers (plastic supplied in kit, see below for proper brass propeller substitute)
- a resin-cast Avon Searider rigid-inflatable boat
- numerous perspective step-by-step assembly drawings and full size plan make SENTINEL a pleasure to build
- twin rudders and stabilizers guarantee excellent handling on the water.
Model Scale: 1:40
Length: 940 mm (37")
Beam: 190 mm (7.5")
Displacement: approx. 8 lbs (3.7 kilos)
Flags, paints, adhesives and tools are not provided.Sentinel Photos: (click to enlarge)