Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - Model Slipway has officially stopped production on all of their kits. Hopefully another company will pick up their molds and start production again but for the foreseeable future these kits will not be available.
This unusual and distinctive model is based on the full-size Vliestroom, currently operating out of Hellevoetsluis, near Rotterdam.
Vliestroom and her sister ships MV Nieuwe Diep and Schuitengat were built by Damen Shipyards in 1987-90 for the Dutch Ministry of Transport and Waterways.
Powered by 2x Deutz diesel engines, the vessels feature twin kort nozzles, four-blade propellers, a 90 kW bow thruster and a 7.5 ton buoy-handling crane. The folding main mast and cantilevering radar masts together with the low draught flat-bottomed hull allow for a very versatile craft, which can encounter low bridges and shallow waters in and around Holland.Model specifications:
-Twin Screw (brass propellers supplied in kit)
-Length: 960mm (37 3/4")
-Beam: 220mm (8.5")
-Displacement approx. 10 kgKit Contents:
- high quality fiberglass hull
- full running gear including brass propellers and nozzles
- A bow thruster tube
- Deck and superstructure are cut using CNC equipment to ensure accurate fit of parts
- the very detailed wheelhouse interior includes etched brass instrumentation
- a resin-cast dinghy
- a set of vacuum-formed buoys
- a sheet of etched brass components for the fine details
- brass handrail stanchions
- cast metal fittings
- all decals, wire, rod etc. to build the model as illustrated (flag is not provided)
- The full-size plans and step-by-step assembly drawings make this model an enjoyable and relaxing project for model makers with average building skills.
- Paints, adhesives and tools to complete are not provided
- The large deck crane which elevates and swivels will, without a doubt, be a challenge for the more experienced model maker wishing to radio control it.
Vliestroom Photos: (click to enlarge)