Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Availability Alert - This kit takes about 2-6 weeks for production. Please call or email for lead time. 626.963.4591 or email@example.com.
This unusual and distinctive model is based on the full-size Vliestroom, currently operating out of Hellevoetsluis, near Rotterdam.
Vliestroom and her sister ships MV Nieuwe Diep and Schuitengat were built by Damen Shipyards in 1987-90 for the Dutch Ministry of Transport and Waterways.
Powered by 2x Deutz diesel engines, the vessels feature twin kort nozzles, four-blade propellers, a 90 kW bow thruster and a 7.5 ton buoy-handling crane. The folding main mast and cantilevering radar masts together with the low draught flat-bottomed hull allow for a very versatile craft, which can encounter low bridges and shallow waters in and around Holland.Model specifications:
-Twin Screw (brass propellers supplied in kit)
-Length: 960mm (37 3/4")
-Beam: 220mm (8.5")
-Displacement approx. 10 kgKit Contents:
- high quality fiberglass hull
- full running gear including brass propellers and nozzles
- A bow thruster tube
- Deck and superstructure are cut using CNC equipment to ensure accurate fit of parts
- the very detailed wheelhouse interior includes etched brass instrumentation
- a resin-cast dinghy
- a set of vacuum-formed buoys
- a sheet of etched brass components for the fine details
- brass handrail stanchions
- cast metal fittings
- all decals, wire, rod etc. to build the model as illustrated (flag is not provided)
- The full-size plans and step-by-step assembly drawings make this model an enjoyable and relaxing project for model makers with average building skills.
- Paints, adhesives and tools to complete are not provided
- The large deck crane which elevates and swivels will, without a doubt, be a challenge for the more experienced model maker wishing to radio control it.
Vliestroom Photos: (click to enlarge)