Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
4 - Hatch Motor Coaster w/ Digger
Availability Alert - Model Slipway has officially stopped production on all of their kits. Hopefully another company will pick up their molds and start production again but for the foreseeable future these kits will not be available.
Built in 1968-73 in the German Democratic Republic for service in the North Sea and Baltic seaports, these coasters were designed as multi-purpose carriers, handling diverse cargoes such as wood, paper, grain, small containers, etc.
4-hatch Coaster with Articulated Mechanical Digger and Travelling Gantry. The hatch is made up of four sections which fold vertical to allow the digger full access to the hold. The sections may be glued together to form one large cover which lifts off in one piece.Kit Contents:
- a detailed fiberglass hull
- Running gear -propshaft, rudder, brass propeller
- CNC-machined and printed plastic styrene for decks & hatches, superstructure & wheelhouse; thermo-formed lifeboats
- Metal kits for the winches and anchor windlass
- A set of cast alloy fittings and etched brass components including brass handrail stanchions
- All necessary, wire, rod, chain and dowel for masts and booms
- Three main plans; excellent instructions with numerous step-by-step assembly drawings
- Paints and adhesives are not provided
- Tools will be required to complete
- This kit is recommended for model makers with some experience
Length: 1005 mm (39.5")
Beam: 200 mm (8")4 Hatch Photos: (click to enlarge)