Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Assurance Tug (CIVILIAN)
Built in 1940/3 by Cochrane & Sons Shipbuilders Ltd (Selby, U.K.) the 21 tugs in the class were designed for escort/rescue work and sported a variety of unique names.Kit Contents:
The kit contains all the required parts to build the model:
- A detailed fiber glass hull with external plating and a fiber glass funnel
- the prop-shaft, rudder and a brass propeller
- CNC-cut and printed styrene parts for the construction of the decks, engine room, superstructure and wheelhouse
- A set of fittings manufactured from high grade cast alloy, and a sheet of etched brass items including the stanchions for the rails, rope reels, brackets for lamps and lifebelts, locker hinges etc
- Vacuum-formed ship's boats
- cast alloy kits for the anchor windlass, the 12-pounder deck gun and the two Oerlikons
- All the rod, wire, dowel for masts and other items needed to finish the model as illustrated
- The two full size plans and step-by-step constructional drawings will enable the enthusiast to build this model to museum standards
- Paints, glues and the flag are not supplied
- Tools will be required to complete.
Displacement approx: 25lbsAssurance Photos: (click to enlarge)