Welcome to Harbor Models Inc.
Assurance Tug (CIVILIAN)
Availability Alert - Model Slipway has officially stopped production on all of their kits. Hopefully another company will pick up their molds and start production again but for the foreseeable future these kits will not be available.
Built in 1940/3 by Cochrane & Sons Shipbuilders Ltd (Selby, U.K.) the 21 tugs in the class were designed for escort/rescue work and sported a variety of unique names.Kit Contents:
The kit contains all the required parts to build the model:
- A detailed fiber glass hull with external plating and a fiber glass funnel
- the prop-shaft, rudder and a brass propeller
- CNC-cut and printed styrene parts for the construction of the decks, engine room, superstructure and wheelhouse
- A set of fittings manufactured from high grade cast alloy, and a sheet of etched brass items including the stanchions for the rails, rope reels, brackets for lamps and lifebelts, locker hinges etc
- Vacuum-formed ship's boats
- cast alloy kits for the anchor windlass, the 12-pounder deck gun and the two Oerlikons
- All the rod, wire, dowel for masts and other items needed to finish the model as illustrated
- The two full size plans and step-by-step constructional drawings will enable the enthusiast to build this model to museum standards
- Paints, glues and the flag are not supplied
- Tools will be required to complete.
Displacement approx: 25lbsAssurance Photos: (click to enlarge)